What is your personal information?
Why do we collect personal information?
We need to collect some personal details from you to provide you with our services and products. Without collecting your identifying information, we may not be allowed by law to provide you with the products and services you want and we may also need to collect additional personal information so we can provide the best services and products.
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect about you depends on the products and services you use. It may include the below:
- Your name, date of birth and contact details. Contact details may include your home address, email address and phone number.
- Your bank account and credit card details.
- Information to prove your identity. This could be your driver’s licence or another approved ID.
- Information relating to your credit worthiness.
- Your employment history and your rental history
- Details of products and services we’ve supplied you or you’ve asked about.
- Details needed to deliver those products and services or answer your questions.
- When you tell us, products, services or lifestyle activities you like. Also, how you like to use our products and services.
- Websites you visit and online searches you do.
- Details about your account. This includes your password and username.
- Your use of our services.
- Information about you that you provide us directly or indirectly when online.
- Information you provide to us through surveys.
Some of the information above may be sensitive information. For example, it could be about your health, race, ethnic origin or religious beliefs. You consent to us collecting that information as outlined above, including when you provide it to us directly, or when you leave a message for one of our customers who uses our paging and message service.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information if you do any of the below:
- Provide information to us in account application forms, service enquiry forms.
- Provide information to us when you buy products or services from our website.
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us.
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey.
- Visit our website, online store, Facebook page and other pages that we own and manage.
- Visit external websites and perform online searches using your device.
- Use our online portal/s.
- Make calls to us. These calls may be recorded for training, quality and business purposes.
- Use your device and this results in contact between your device and our portals or technology. This contact might tell us about you, your device, your use of our services and your location.
- Apply for a position to work at Yabonza.
Information collected from other sources
We may collect personal information from the below:
- Other companies in the Yabonza group.
- Credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
- Entities that provide services to us. This includes entities to which we may disclose your personal information. We explain who these entities are below.
- Publicly available sources of information, like market research providers.
We may also collect information in different ways. We will take all reasonable steps to let you know if we do.
We may use a persistent cookie, which is a cookie that stays linked to your browser. A persistent cookie is used to record your visits so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. It also lets us keep track of products or services you view so that, with your consent, we can send you news about them.
We may also log your IP address. Your IP address is your computer’s electronic Internet address. We may collect your IP address to see trends, run the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information and usage information in the ways set out below:
- Reviewing your tenancy applications.
- Providing you with products and services. This might include extra services not in your agreement with us.
- Contacting you with messages about changes to our products or services.
- Generating bills, managing your account, and carrying out debt-recovery.
- Processing orders or applications to become a customer.
- Verifying your identity.
- Carrying out credit checks and credit reporting.
- Dealing with questions, complaints and other customer care activities.
- Carrying out market analysis and research.
- Development of our products and services.
- Understanding how customers use our technology, products and services anonymously and personally.
- Analysing the things that interest you. We use those details to provide you with services, products and information suited to your needs, interests and location.
- Contacting you about our products and services and those offered under other brands that we own or partner with. This may include marketing these products to you. See below for more information about direct marketing communications.
- Conducting internal investigations in relation to crime and fraud prevention, detection, recovery or prosecution.
- Training our staff.
- Assessing and financial hardship application made by you.
For other purposes, Yabonza will ask for your consent to use your personal information.
Direct marketing communications
We may send you direct marketing messages and information about the below:
- Our products, services, discounts, competitions and special promotions that may be of interest to you.
- Offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services.
- Other companies’ products and services (including offers and discounts we’ve arranged for our customers) we think may interest you, if you’ve chosen to receive this information.
This marketing material may be sent by various methods. This includes but is not limited to, notifications on our platform, telephone, post, fax and any form of electronic message (including, but not limited to, email, SMS, MMS, PXT or Video PXT).
You consent to us sending you marketing material by any of those methods. If you indicate a preferred method of communication, we will try to use that method when practical.
Also, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing material from us by contacting us. Or you can use any opt-out method provided in the material. We’ll make sure your name is taken off our mailing list.
We may give your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing. These organisations are limited to our agents working directly on behalf of Yabonza. Otherwise, you can separately opt-in to receiving third-party marketing through a specific promotion.
How can you opt-out of marketing materials?
If you’d rather not get our direct marketing material, it’s easy to opt out. All of our marketing emails have a link to unsubscribe, simply click on the link at the bottom of the email.
Who can we provide your personal information to?
Yabonza might disclose your personal information both within and outside Australia to the entities below:
- Credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act and credit reporting legislation.
- Our service and content providers including the providers of IT services and mailing services.
- Our dealers, agents, contractors and advisers.
- Our providers of marketing, research, call centre and telemarketing services.
- Other companies in the Yabonza group.
- Your authorised representatives or legal advisors.
- Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors.
- Debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions.
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
- Regulatory or government bodies to resolve customer complaints or disputes both internally and externally. Or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies.
Do we disclose your personal information outside Australia?
Yabonza may disclose personal information to other companies in the Yabonza group as well as third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to make sure the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to it.
We may store or sometimes disclose personal information to entities outside Australia. Some of these entities are:
- Companies in the Yabonza group.
- Yabonza’s data hosting and other service providers.
How do we hold and protect your personal information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so it’s protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures.
We may sometimes use service providers to process, manage and store personal information. Where we do, we require those service providers to comply with strict requirements about the use and protection of your details.
We also ensure that your personal information are seen and used only by staff who need it to do their jobs. Our staff securely destroy any printed documents containing your details.
How can you protect your account from unauthorised access?
Anyone who knows your username and password can access your account. You must keep this information secure. Only share these details with people you authorise to access and manage your Yabonza account. Yabonza accepts no responsibility for information it discloses to parties who know your username or password.
How accurate is the personal information we hold about you?
We take all reasonable measures to make sure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To make sure we’ve got your most current and accurate details, please update your details in the Yabonza online portal or contact us.
How can you report a breach of your privacy?
If you believe your privacy has been compromised, please contact us with the details. A member of our Privacy team will get in touch within 10 business days.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your concerns you may lodge a complaint with the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
Australian Privacy Commissioner: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 1300 798 030 or our postal address is:
The Privacy Officer
Yabonza Australia Pty Ltd
50 Miller St, North Sydney 2060
The companies in the Yabonza Group covered by this policy include:
- Yabonza Australia Pty Ltd ABN 99 620 722 634
- Yabonza Group Pty Ltd ABN 84 620 161 604
- Yabonza UK Ltd Company number 09906824
- Yabonza Marketplace Pty Ltd ABN 17 624 895 067
- Yabonza Keys Pty Ltd ACN 624 913 499
- Yabonza Easyshare ABN 27 168 090 293
- UKANZA Pty Ltd ABN 82 616 105 563